When will my rooster turn mean?

The feathering is exactly like Eagle! Especially the tail!

And who is that beautiful lady perching in the back?
That's Agatha. She's about 6 months and a quailantwrep mix. She takes the word skiddish to an entire new level. She's pretty though, has blue earlobes and legs and a rose comb.

Better pic of her
20220118_163414.jpg
That's Agatha. She's about 6 months and a quailantwrep mix. She takes the word skiddish to an entire new level. She's pretty though, has blue earlobes and legs and a rose comb.

Ahh thank you - I needed to hear this! I’ve been genuinely convincing myself it was inevitable these past few weeks and preparing for the worst!

How long did the challenging phase last with your EE, do you think? I’m very happy to work with him and get him through it - can’t imagine having to let him go anywhere else now. Just need my neighbours to keep the faith in him too!

That said, he fell in the duck pond the other day and they took him inside to sit in the dog bed by the fire. So i think they might love him a little bit too! 🥰

If be behaves himself I’m happy to trust him up on my shoulder still, but I guess it’s a wait-and-see situation. Right now I think he just likes it because he can eat his snacks away from all the hungry hens!
I think it probably lasted around 2-3 months if I remember correctly.
It's great that you have such nice neighbors!

In the spring my roosters are more aggressive and tackle the younger roos that are trying to mate, but overall they are still just as sweet as the hens. They chase when kids try to pick up their girls, but I don't have any trouble picking them up and they still come to me hoping for treats or to peck at my shoelaces or boot straps. My experience thus far has me not worried about multiple roos in a flock, much less a single one. Maybe I'm lucky? But I love my roosters. (I have 4 sons too, so maybe I'm biased?)

Back
Top Bottom