When will they all start crowing?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Mycookoonest, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Mycookoonest

Mycookoonest Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    I know I have 2 Roos now... but there are a few I'm suspicious about. Robin is my fav and he's my little Roo with a big attitude.

My Question is when will they all start crowing. I haven't heard attempts from anyone else except a silver seabright (he just started and is included in the 2). After hatching out 19 chicks... how could I only have 2? The other 9 I purchased from MPC.

2. Ricks Chicks

Ricks Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

My RIR is about 5 months and just started practicing.

3. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

My white EE, Senor, started to practice at 9 weeks, at 14 weeks he's got it down pretty good now. My other EE hasn't start yet, and neither have any of my 13 weekers. Hmmmm, maybe they don't want to because Senor does. [​IMG]
    Sonja

4. Gloria

Gloria Chillin' With My Peeps

My BO roo ( Mr. Roo) started crowing at about 12 weeks old. Sometimes they can take a lot longer from what I've read here on BYC. So give it more time, I'm sure you will hear more crowing than just the two. [​IMG]

5. cheraboo

cheraboo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2008
    Michigan
    We picked up a Serama roo and a Black Silkie roo a couple of weeks ago. The Silkie is about 6 weeks old and loves to hear his voice. This boy has an attitude and the crow to go with it [​IMG] DH says he's gotta go because he makes too much noise [​IMG] I wish we lived just a couple houses down the road cuz then we'd be out of village limits and I could have all of the roosters I wanted.

The Serama is about 4 weeks old and still pretty quiet. He's just starting to find his voice - occassionally. He has this little half crow/squawk thing going on and is just hillarious to hear.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by