When will they crow?

wefroggy

Songster
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
Wild Mountain Thyme Farm, PA
I have 15 week old RIR's and DE's and no crowing yet. Any idea when that will happen? I also have a Egyptian Fayomous (SP) that crows all the time. I know that the less dominant roosters may not crow, but the DE's sure act like they want to be dominant.

wow! thats a long time for them not t crow. Ive had a rooster crow at 5 weeks. LOL man it was funny
lau.gif

My salmon faverolle rooster just started at 18 weeks. I didn't know if he ever would....he's kinda timid and all. I've heard that some can be pretty old before they start...even up to a year. But I also have a wellsummer rooster crowing at 9 weeks.....more like croaking.
smile.png

My Silver Laced Wyandottes started crowing at 13 weeks. What it really comes down to is 'nature', she takes time and makes it her own. They will crow when they are ready. Believe me, it is like teaching a child to talk. We spend the first few years teaching them to say something, and then spend the next 15-18 years trying to shut them up. ;o)

My 13.5 week old EE roo hasn't crowed yet, neither has the 13.5 week old OEGB roo. And the 13.5 week old silkie that is questionable hasn't crowed either, so I'm still holding out hope she's really a she.

I have a 20 week old Rhode Island Red Rooster that does not crow. He doesn't do the rooster thing either. He is the only male in the flock. The kids have named him Neal Patrick Harris.

Maybe he is just slow.

Rufus

Back
Top Bottom