When will they lay?

Good point! If they are free ranging you may have to watch them closely to figure out where they are laying, if they are.

If they are laying somewhere else my dogs would have found the eggs. My backyard isn’t huge so there’s not many places to hide them.

The pelvic spacing is fairly accurate IME, but, your fingers may be much narrower than mine...and bantams will 'measure' differently than Large Fowl, some LF are smaller bodied than other LF.
Same goes for squatting, they may show both signs a couple weeks before actually laying. They are guidelines, not guarantees.

If I free ranged and saw those signs, I'd keep them confined to coop and run and put the fakies in the nests to make sure they had the coop nest habit down.

The wait can be very frustrating, but it will happen. There are a lot of factors involved in when they will start laying. Any time chart is just an average, and really nothing more than a generalization. If they are free ranging, then be careful, because they can hide eggs and you'll never know, if they are crafty about it.
Ditto Dat^^^

Back
Top Bottom