WHERE ARE MY CHICKS?????????/UPDATE: FOUND!!

vicki2x2

Super Chick
11 Years
Feb 9, 2008
Central Michigan
My chicks were sent Monday afternoon by Meyer from Mansfield, OH to Lansing, MI (well, actually, from there to our little office). They didn't show up yesterday, but they said don't worry, they usually take two days.
sad.png

This morning, still no call, but they said, don't worry we get another express truck in between 11:30-2.
barnie.gif
I waited until 2:30 and called again. NO CHICKS.
hit.gif
The tracking number is only showing they were picked up Monday, nothing after that.
he.gif

I am calling in favors, having someone check with the docks in Lansing, Hopefully they will find them there. Our P.O. says it has no idea how to find the chicks or where they are.
rant.gif

I think I am going to have a nervous breakdown!!
th.gif

Last edited:
Geeze!, I imagine sence im close to detroit that its cold in lansing, poor chickies I hope that you find the little darlings!. I bought my chicks frm ideal and they were excellent arrived 100% alive

They are not at the main post office, but they do have another truck coming in at 5:30. They will call immediately if they are on the truck and my friend will pick them up. She works right near there and gets out at 5:30. If they are not on the truck, I am not sure what to do.
idunno.gif

I feel like crying right now.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

I bought a gander in Feb. from Holderreads in Oregon and I'm in Maine. Was supposed to take 24hrs, but took 48. He had a layover in Tennessee right after those tornadoes that they had! I was a wreck. He got here in perfect shape. Whew!

Finally, the main post office got the chicks in and called us. If we hadn't contacted them, they would have been sent early morning to our local P.O. and would have been in transit another 12 hours. So far they are doing pretty well, except a couple of small bantams. I ordered for a bunch of 4-H families and we got in 75 chicks tonight, with another 30 coming in a few weeks. Tomorrow they will go home with the kids, all except ours.

I thought I would rest easier now that they are here, but with 75 chicks peeping in the living room, and worried about the little ones, I probably won't get much sleep!

Back
Top Bottom