Where are my Roo tamers at- evil roo.

um you just work around him with the stick, i had an aggressive roo as my last one ,and i just kept the stick on him and payed attention to 2 things at once it called multitasking if you haven't heard of it

Nah you’re acting rude I’d appreciate it if you took your mighty stick knowledge elsewhere.

I feel like this is bad advice. :)
You do you.

First, remove his spurs. Not a pleasant process but will reduce his main weapons. The consider putting a pinless peeper for chickens on him to see what happens.
You should try this method mentioned and maybe even put him in a cage for a bit away from the other chickens. Just a thought.

You should try this method mentioned and maybe even put him in a cage for a bit away from the other chickens. Just a thought.
I’m definitely going to pass this on to his new owner incase she starts to have some problems with him.

Thank you !!!
I currently have a little bantam roo in a cage coop and BOY was their a huge attitude adjustment!! He actually likes me again.
I’ve kind of been wanting to try the peepers on one really bossy hen though…

Spurs are staying on any free ranger, we have too many predators, I feel like taking spurs away on a rooster is like declawing a cat. T,:
No defense when he actually needs it- (even though I was just gonna whack him today. I’d rather do it than a predator. I don’t want coyotes or dogs thinking they can keep coming back.) I don’t have a pen currently big enough that he can sit in without his spurs. I’ll let his new owners decide whether or not he keeps them!

Spurs are offense weapons. They are not a benefit against a predator unless the rooster actual squares off and attacks which it usually reserves for going after other roosters / chickens. Overly developed spurs like some roosters have can actually be a detriment when they slow running speed and otherwise limit mobility.

Nah you’re acting rude I’d appreciate it if you took your mighty stick knowledge elsewhere.

I feel like this is bad advice. :)
You do you.
It is bad advice in your senerio, especially since you have a huge jersey giant rooster! You are doing the right thing!

um you just work around him with the stick, i had an aggressive roo as my last one ,and i just kept the stick on him and payed attention to 2 things at once it called multitasking if you haven't heard of it
I think you’re going at this problem with the wrong attitude. I had a human aggressive rooster named Ned. He was a wonderful boy to the hens, but was relentless with attacking. I tried the stick method. If I turned my back for a SPLIT SECOND he was on me. If you are constantly tense and having to be on guard with a stick, being in the coop looses its appeal very quickly. Hanging out with your beloved chooks isn’t quite so fun anymore. Yes, this might work for certain roos, but I think you need to be more open minded on the fact that aggressiveness in roosters can go lots of different ways. Ned had to go to the crockpot, as he attacked anyone and everyone, even if they were consistently wielding a stick.

Rant over.

I think you’re going at this problem with the wrong attitude. I had a human aggressive rooster named Ned. He was a wonderful boy to the hens, but was relentless with attacking. I tried the stick method. If I turned my back for a SPLIT SECOND he was on me. If you are constantly tense and having to be on guard with a stick, being in the coop looses its appeal very quickly. Hanging out with your beloved chooks isn’t quite so fun anymore. Yes, this might work for certain roos, but I think you need to be more open minded on the fact that aggressiveness in roosters can go lots of different ways. Ned had to go to the crockpot, as he attacked anyone and everyone, even if they were consistently wielding a stick.

Rant over.

That’s a good rant- I bet that meal was mighty tasty 😌

If I had to carry a stick around, I guarantee that roo wouldn’t be alive. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom