Where are my Roo tamers at- evil roo.

Pics
I contacted a friend who knows a crazy chicken lady that likes crazy roosters.
She said if nothing else she can “take care” of him but hey- maybe he just sees a big red target on me 😅

So yay! Win win!
I’m glad he’s leaving. Personally, I wouldn’t give him to anyone else, but I’m guessing he’s going to an experienced chicken keeper who hopefully won’t allow herself to be injured. You’re in a tough spot, being the only one he’s attacking (for now - that could change in an instant, and I hope there are no small children on his path when it does.) I admire you for being willing to put him down yourself if needed. I would not go into the coop (or wherever he lives) until he’s gone. Those holes he put into your skin could easily have become infected.

I’m glad he’s leaving. Personally, I wouldn’t give him to anyone else, but I’m guessing he’s going to an experienced chicken keeper who hopefully won’t allow herself to be injured. You’re in a tough spot, being the only one he’s attacking (for now - that could change in an instant, and I hope there are no small children on his path when it does.) I admire you for being willing to put him down yourself if needed. I would not go into the coop (or wherever he lives) until he’s gone. Those holes he put into your skin could easily have become infected.

Thank you!
He’s on a new farm now and he follows the new owner around like a puppy dog looking for treats and scratches. He has a huge flock to look after now, I’m so happy it worked out!

Thank you!
He’s on a new farm now and he follows the new owner around like a puppy dog looking for treats and scratches. He has a huge flock to look after now, I’m so happy it worked out!
Happy ending to the story! Glad everything worked out!!

I just want to know if I’m doing this right and exhausted my options because my family are saying that my roo’s life is more important than the holes he’s putting in me (and my boots) ) :,)
—Done a lot of research; I just want to know if I’ve handled this Ok and if it’s agreeable that this roo is at the end of the line.

I have never had a problem with this roo before.
He’s a 12 lb Jersey giant, always mellow as could be and very sweet. Then about a month ago I was tending my bantams, left the pen, and he came spurs a-blazing.
I wasn’t properly dressed so yes I was screaming (his spurs HAVE to be at least 4 inches long)
After that I took out my horse boots, marched back up there the next day- and let him come. I let him attack until he was exhausted. He punctured my leather boots, and stabbed my foot. I kept pushing him back and he eventually gave up and ran to the woods. There was a bit of blood- but it was mine. (,:
Whenever he’s come around I’d chase him off, he gave me space, didn’t have any problem.
Then it was like he forgot everything one day while I was sitting with my Bantams, he did it again- so I got at him again.
He’s not attacking anyone else but me- but I’ve been putting him in his place. I would be carrying him around but he’s too fast I can’t get him.
There’s been peace for about a month besides me looking like a maniac chasing a chicken around.

And then this morning he stopped running away, put his head low again , and right back to trying to attack me. I don’t want to keep doing this. I hate it. I’ve been having dad take care of them because I haven’t been feeling well enough to deal with his antics.

I talked to them about bringing out the .22 and they all start crying about how he only attacks me, and it’s not fair and I just need to figure it out.
I feel like I tried. It’s not in my personality to be overly aggressive but I think I did decent enough to be respected.

We have someone house sitting for us in three days who will be taking care of them while we are gone on vacation- what if he starts trying to challenge her.

I’m at the end of my own line here I’m starting to really hate owning these birds. :/
Freezer camp and before you have a stranger with this roo! If your chicken sitter is not familiar with attacking roo's what will she/he do? Blame you if she/he gets hurt??? Freezer camp!!!

Freezer camp and before you have a stranger with this roo! If your chicken sitter is not familiar with attacking roo's what will she/he do? Blame you if she/he gets hurt??? Freezer camp!!!
It's been resolved. Summary of latest posts: The 'roo went to an acquaintance with a large flock of hens, and needed a rooster. He's happy as a pig in slop.

Thank you!
👆☝️

It's been resolved. Summary of latest posts: The 'roo went to an acquaintance with a large flock of hens, and needed a rooster. He's happy as a pig in slop.

—-
I’m so happy I couldn’t bring myself to put him down, now look at him.

He’s a little girls favorite pet ♥️
DE8A543F-967F-41A2-9B2B-21C12E6BB95C.jpeg

His attitude changed when the other Roos hit maturity and yet another dog was added to the family. It was just too much for him to handle apparently and his way to show it was by attacking me.

Nothing I personally did to him, our home just was not a good fit anymore. It was really stressful for all of us-

But maybe this can show that sometimes it’s not the Roo’s personality, there’s something giving him a lot of stress and he needs a relaxing change in environment and a fearless six year old girl.

Attachments

• CC7EDF59-D826-486E-8C9B-E245238C2AF5.jpeg
    CC7EDF59-D826-486E-8C9B-E245238C2AF5.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 5
—-
I’m so happy I couldn’t bring myself to put him down, now look at him.

He’s a little girls favorite pet ♥️
View attachment 3301298

His attitude changed when the other Roos hit maturity and yet another dog was added to the family. It was just too much for him to handle apparently and his way to show it was by attacking me.

Nothing I personally did to him, our home just was not a good fit anymore. It was really stressful for all of us-

But maybe this can show that sometimes it’s not the Roo’s personality, there’s something giving him a lot of stress and he needs a relaxing change in environment and a fearless six year old girl.
I'm so happy it all worked out so well!

They dont attack until they do...wont be funny when it flogs the kids face. Which is why i dont feep bad for people or kids when they say their rooster attacked them....

Back
Top Bottom