1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WHERE ARE THE BREEDERS?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by TATERsmom, May 19, 2009.

1. TATERsmom

TATERsmom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2009
    South Louisiana
    [​IMG] I am in central Louisiana. I have been looking for Bantams for 4H shows [​IMG] or rare breed chickens [​IMG] . Are there any breeders in Louisiana? or maybe west Mississippi or south Arkansas? [​IMG]

2. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    If you can not find any here get poultry Press magazine or join the APA, ABA or the ALBC. They will give you a list of breeders when you join them. You other choise is just keep putting a want list on many chickens groups. There are many out there so do a search. Oh, you might want to contact the breed clubs for breeders also, this would be the first thing I would check even though I list it last.

3. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

what are you looking for? I just had a lady come up from Louisiana - said it was a little over 2 hrs.
    I have bantam cochins, oegb, seramas and usually a variety of others.

4. ClairedeLune

ClairedeLune Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    You wouldn't happen to ship Serama chicks/hens out to Denver, CO, would you?[​IMG] And if you don't, do you know anyone near Denver w/ Seramas?

5. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

Quote:Sorry - I haven't shipped before, I know I need to check into it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by