Where are the eggs?

Kittyf

Songster
8 Years
Jan 3, 2012
Sunny Southern California
I have 4 hens, and two of them have been laying for a couple of weeks. This morning Big Red was in the nest & doing her egg song, then Spot was in there singing loudly. Whitey and Big Karla are not laying right now. I went out to collect the 2 pretty little brown eggs and there was nothing nowhere.

No eggs or any indication of eggs in the whole coop.

Here's a pic of eggs for the past few days - but today nada, even though they were on the nest and singing the song. What do you think happened?

Could it be the neighbors helping themselves? An odd thought, but not impossible...

I have four hens that lay 3-4 eggs a day for me. A couple of days ago, I got none. I guess they all just cycled around to have the same resting day. And I swear I heard the song out there.

If that happens often, though, I'd get suspicious.

They may have hidden the eggs. I've had birds that I've thought stopped laying but later found a secret nest in the middle of nowhere.

wich chicken laid the really Big egg? Ya chickens hide eggs when i was younger we went on an easter egg hunt and a kid found about 30 eggs hidden by a chicken and yelled i hit the jackpot
lau.gif

Too funny! Jackpot indeed!

Big Red aka Ashley laid the big one. Found a lovely one from her this morning, so I guess life is back to normal, whatever that means around here!

kate

Back
Top Bottom