Where can I find a home for noisy rooster?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by walterd, Sep 3, 2009.

1. walterd

walterd Out Of The Brooder

Jul 26, 2009
    We ended up with a rooster from the batch of Welsummer chicks we got last March. We live in a fairly spread out neighborhood but the crowing has become problematic and the neighbors are getting unhappy. Keeping them constrained at night/morning is not an option as his noise continues all day as well.

Are there organizations that can help with finding a new home or people we might be able to find in our area that have a use for rooster (besides soup!)? Where do we look and how do we find them?

We are outside Raleigh NC

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  2. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Do you have an Iwanna newspaper in that area? I put an ad for mine in that paper and had dozens of calls. I had the exact same situation here. I also placed an ad on the board of the local feed store. I did not want mine to be eaten and stated so in the ad and screened the one who took him. You can only do so much along those lines. If you aren't picky who takes him you won't have a bit of problem I bet. I was picky and still got tons of calls. Good luck!

3. Uppity Peon

Uppity Peon Chillin' With My Peeps

Craiglist might work. But there is very little demand for roosters. Free roosters often are taken for food, or worse.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by