Where can I find Ayam Cemani Putih ( White Ayam Cemani )

I didn't know that about Holsteins. What do these " rat cows" look like? Well, glad to know your interesting in AYam Cemani putih!
If you do an image search for “Red Holstein” you’ll see them. The “Rat” version I’m used to is just a lighter version of this red Holstein variation (like the color of a mouse). They’re really pretty. And definitely still Holsteins.

Ayam cemani are always black, that is what the name translates to (black chicken). I have had recessive white chicks pop up in my line of AC, but I always cull them and stopped using that rooster to minimize the chance of the recessive white popping up again. Anyone trying to pass off any non-black bird as a "pure" Ayam cemani should be avoided, there are enough poor breeders of this breed without encouraging weird mutations and crossbreeds under that name. It is not easy to produce high quality Ayam cemanis, but it is easy to make crossbreeds or select the lower quality birds and pass them off as "special". The fastest way to ruin your reputation as a cemani breeder is to sell off type birds as pure.

If you want to turn a single white sport from a line of AC into a whole line, it would be trivial to do so, but please don't call them "White Ayam cemani", make up some other name that does not have "cemani" in it. If you told someone you had a "White Black Chicken" what would they think? Maybe a barred rock?

If you cross an Ayam cemani and a white Silkie, you would retain much of the black tissue, and the resulting black birds would carry 2 recessive genes, white and silkied. By crossing those F1's, you would get a whole range of birds, some white non-silkied and some black silkied. But neither would ever be a real cemani.
There is a AC that is white called
Ayam Cemani Putih.

Lots of people are crossing Ayam cemani and calling the chicks cemanis so they can sell them for more. Do recessive whites pop up in pure cemanis? Yes, I know they do, I have a hen right now and no other birds on the farm even carry recessive white, so she is not an "oops" for a hen sneaking into the pen next door.
I would be very suspicious of anyone selling these, as they can create a nearly identical bird by putting an AC roo over white leghorns. That is really dominant white, and may show some leakage of black feathers, but it is close enough to fool most people wanting a "white Ayam cemani".
With any Ayam cemani breeder, it is "buyer beware"! This breed attacks far too many scammers and scoundrels. My personal tact is to sell the excellent line I have to many other breeders with the intent of driving the price down to normal chick level. That is the only effective way to clear the market of the bad actors - by taking all the profit out of it. Sure, some other breeders who are trying to get $100+ for their chicks will hate me, but I can live with that since they have proven to be rather hateful people anyway.
If anyone is serious about breeding high quality cemanis, send me a PM, or visit my website: http://welbars.com/index.php/ayam-cemani/

If anyone is really interested in the Putih variety, also PM me. I am still on the fence about whether to perpetuate these recessive white genes.

Lots of people are crossing Ayam cemani and calling the chicks cemanis so they can sell them for more. Do recessive whites pop up in pure cemanis? Yes, I know they do, I have a hen right now and no other birds on the farm even carry recessive white, so she is not an "oops" for a hen sneaking into the pen next door.
I would be very suspicious of anyone selling these, as they can create a nearly identical bird by putting an AC roo over white leghorns. That is really dominant white, and may show some leakage of black feathers, but it is close enough to fool most people wanting a "white Ayam cemani".
With any Ayam cemani breeder, it is "buyer beware"! This breed attacks far too many scammers and scoundrels. My personal tact is to sell the excellent line I have to many other breeders with the intent of driving the price down to normal chick level. That is the only effective way to clear the market of the bad actors - by taking all the profit out of it. Sure, some other breeders who are trying to get $100+ for their chicks will hate me, but I can live with that since they have proven to be rather hateful people anyway.
If anyone is serious about breeding high quality cemanis, send me a PM, or visit my website: http://welbars.com/index.php/ayam-cemani/

If anyone is really interested in the Putih variety, also PM me. I am still on the fence about whether to perpetuate these recessive white genes.
I'd be interested in them, but I know my opinion doesn't hold much sway since I'm not adding new chickens to my flock for the next few years outside of my own hatches

I hear you I was just saying there is such a thing as a true white Cemani. I purchased Cemani eggs and hatched them twice. The first hatch I had 4 of 12 hatch and the second 1 of 12 hatched and only 2 do not have some bleeding as they call it. But I am ok with that I do not intend to sell any chicks or or the eggs. But I do plan on breeding the roo with other breeds for unique fluffy butts❤️

I am def interested. ACs are my dream chicken, but I’m all the way in FL

I am def interested. ACs are my dream chicken, but I’m all the way in FL
I think there is a person/farm? In Fl that has them hope this helps.
Also I really recommend not having eggs shipped I did that and my hatch rate was terrible because the eggs are bounced around so much during the travel. Pick up the eggs or have chicks shipped. https://simone722.wixsite.com/fancychickenbreeds

Back
Top Bottom