Where can I find goslings?

Buff are the most docile that I’ve had expierience with, the others I have is a classic Roman and a lot Toulouse. My classic Roman is a sweetie, but I have no expierience with a male, only my female, so the male Romans are an unknown to me.

Regardless of breed different individuals have different personalities, breed will give you some idea of what to expect in temperament, but ultimately it’s an unknown.

Chinese type geese are incredibly loud, geese in general are all very loud so if you have close neighbors that’s something to consider, not everyone are fans of the noise, Chinese geese have a more piercing voice than others.

Geese need constant access to clean water, buckets and baby pools do just fine.

They need a good feed, an all flock, multi flock, flock raiser feed is what you need. Goslings need much higher levels of B vitamins “niacin, thiamine, etc” than chicks, hence why they need a feed formulated for waterfowl or an all flock type feed, as adults they still need more b vitamins than other poultry too. Some supply them with brewers yeast, or you can add liquid b complex to their water if they don’t seem to be getting enough from their waterfowl feed.

If you have girls they’ll need extra calcium when they begin laying, you’ll need a layer feed or you’ll need to offer oystershell.
Juveniles, ganders, and females who aren’t currently laying don’t need the extra calcium found in layer feeds as excessive calcium can impact their health negatively so layer feed should not be given to them.

Geese need a lot of grass, from my expierience they don’t do well on bagged feed alone, they need to graze as well. Treats like kale, romaine lettuce, cabbage, berries, cantaloupe, tomatoes, grapes, apples, pears among others are beneficial now and then too.

Geese can be very difficult creatures to live with if you haven’t properly bonded with them. If you spend a lot of time with them they will love you, but it’s a relationship that must be maintained, if you start neglecting that relationship after awhile they’ll become depressed, then bitter and aggressive because they’ll start seeing you as less of a family member and more of a potential rival, most birds are like this, a chicken will avoid or scratch the **** out of you, a goose will avoid or bite and beat you with its wings, a macaw will remove your fingers.....

Geese get hormonal in winter/spring. They get more quick to anger and protective of their partner, family, and territory, it’s something that can’t be helped and they can’t control it. If they see you as a family member they’re probably going to hit on you occasionally, if they see you as an enemy or rival, expect aggression.

Don’t just get one goose, get two so that they aren’t emotionally dependent on you at all times, having more than one won’t alter their relationship with you unless you neglect them, it just makes it so you can leave the house without causing panic, anxiety, and depression in the goose if they’re left alone, they need a friend.

Awesome thank you. Is there any hatcheries you guys would recommend?
I don't know if he'll have any because he took pre-orders last Fall, but Blake Bell of Bell's Conservancy has Pilgrims. I wanted them because some people say they the nicest for first ime geese owners. They are much better quality than hatchery quality. I'm waiting on 6 now. He's a heck of a nice guy! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EUAY854/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 or https://www.facebook.com/BellsConservancy/ I'm trying to remember...I think he had me put the ducks/geese I wanted in my cart, then prepay a deposit via Paypal.

Buff are the most docile that I’ve had expierience with, the others I have is a classic Roman and a lot Toulouse. My classic Roman is a sweetie, but I have no expierience with a male, only my female, so the male Romans are an unknown to me.

Regardless of breed different individuals have different personalities, breed will give you some idea of what to expect in temperament, but ultimately it’s an unknown.

Chinese type geese are incredibly loud, geese in general are all very loud so if you have close neighbors that’s something to consider, not everyone are fans of the noise, Chinese geese have a more piercing voice than others.

Geese need constant access to clean water, buckets and baby pools do just fine.

They need a good feed, an all flock, multi flock, flock raiser feed is what you need. Goslings need much higher levels of B vitamins “niacin, thiamine, etc” than chicks, hence why they need a feed formulated for waterfowl or an all flock type feed, as adults they still need more b vitamins than other poultry too. Some supply them with brewers yeast, or you can add liquid b complex to their water if they don’t seem to be getting enough from their waterfowl feed.

If you have girls they’ll need extra calcium when they begin laying, you’ll need a layer feed or you’ll need to offer oystershell.
Juveniles, ganders, and females who aren’t currently laying don’t need the extra calcium found in layer feeds as excessive calcium can impact their health negatively so layer feed should not be given to them.

Geese need a lot of grass, from my expierience they don’t do well on bagged feed alone, they need to graze as well. Treats like kale, romaine lettuce, cabbage, berries, cantaloupe, tomatoes, grapes, apples, pears among others are beneficial now and then too.

Geese can be very difficult creatures to live with if you haven’t properly bonded with them. If you spend a lot of time with them they will love you, but it’s a relationship that must be maintained, if you start neglecting that relationship after awhile they’ll become depressed, then bitter and aggressive because they’ll start seeing you as less of a family member and more of a potential rival, most birds are like this, a chicken will avoid or scratch the **** out of you, a goose will avoid or bite and beat you with its wings, a macaw will remove your fingers.....

Geese get hormonal in winter/spring. They get more quick to anger and protective of their partner, family, and territory, it’s something that can’t be helped and they can’t control it. If they see you as a family member they’re probably going to hit on you occasionally, if they see you as an enemy or rival, expect aggression.

Don’t just get one goose, get two so that they aren’t emotionally dependent on you at all times, having more than one won’t alter their relationship with you unless you neglect them, it just makes it so you can leave the house without causing panic, anxiety, and depression in the goose if they’re left alone, they need a friend.
Thank you! This is very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom