Where can I get a cage like this?

QuailMan6666

Songster
Mar 11, 2023
Does anybody know where I can get a cage like this one in Petco? If not I’ll make my own custom one.

IMG_6428.jpeg

Do you mean shape wise, or the whole glass, lights, wheels, ensemble?
It doesn't have to be that shape, but I prefer the cage is at least plexiglass on the front. The back and side walls can be hardware cloth for air ventilation.

I think I will just buy the acrylic panels from Home Depot and make my own cage.

It doesn't have to be that shape, but I prefer the cage is at least plexiglass on the front. The back and side walls can be hardware cloth for air ventilation.

I think I will just buy the acrylic panels from Home Depot and make my own cage.
It's probably cheaper to build, and I don't ever recall seeing something like that for sale ever.

Would a 24 inch deep by 32 inch tall by 40 inch long acrylic and hardware cloth cage be sufficient for keeping a few budgies? Or should I make a larger cage?

Last edited:
There's a lot of different dimension requirements online, so do some of your own research, but what I've come up with is 12x12x8 - 18x18x18 (WxDxH) is what's recommended for one budgie. Budgies fly horizontally, so width and depth are more important than height.

I did come across this little budgie calculator. I'm not sure how accurate it is but it seems pretty good. Keep in mind that adding toys, perches, etc. will reduce the amount of wing space, so if it says 8 budgies, you might want to only get 5-6.

I don't believe that would be very comfortable for birds as a permanent home...?
Is there anything I should know about glass cages for parakeets? And is there a reason pet stores use glass display cages for their birds?

Back
Top Bottom