Where can I get Chicken Feed Online?????

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Tumbleweedprimitives, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Tumbleweedprimitives

Tumbleweedprimitives New Egg

Jul 15, 2009
    I'm looking for an online company i can buy chicken feed.
    I looked at one and for 150pds of feed ($47.00) they wanted to charge $172 in shipping charges....[​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Feed is heavy. Shipping charges WOULD be exorbitant!

3. WhoopiePie

WhoopiePie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2010
    Queens, NY
    I've found Countryside Natural Products ( contrysideorganic.com ) has reasonable shipping but i only ordered 50#s and my location might also be a factor....? maybe check them out they have a shipping calculator, but fyi they don't have pellets, i'm gonna try them out and see if my chickens like their product.

4. hyzenthlay

hyzenthlay Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    SW PA
    Thanks for recommending New Country Organics! I'm reviving this thread to say that I was just able to order 50 lbs of organic feed from them for $30, plus about $13.50 in shipping--it ships from VA and should arrive in PA in 2 days! This is certainly not "cheap" but it is a great deal compared to the other online options I found today, and it's a huge help to me since I ran out of chick feed (and just learned that I should not be feeding my chicks layer feed in the meantime as I've been doing) and don't have time this week to make the longish drive out to the feed store.

5. sroy

sroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    Florida
    How do you like New Country Organics? How are your chickens doing on it?

6. TrialandError

TrialandError Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2015
    SW Florida
    I use New Country Organics and love it. My chicks like it a lot as well. Am also curious how others like it as well.

7. GardenNut

GardenNut Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2016
    Maryland
    I just placed an order for their grower feed today. I wanted feed without soy, because there's soy in everything. And most of the feeds I've seen locally list the first ingredient as "grain millings," and the second ingredient is soybean meal, then a laundry list of vitamins, and things I can't pronounce! I don't mind vitamins, etc., but "grain millings?"

8. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    $12.50 isn't bad for shipping 50lbs but why not ask your local feed store to carry a product you want? Organic, soy free feed is twice the cost of normal feed here but I pay $12.50 for a bag of feed. What your looking for should only be $25 to 30 at your feed store. If they don't have it ask them to order it. $30+12.50 shipping is a heck of a lot to pay for feed. They may not be able to get the name brand but all other requirements can be met. I'd try to work with them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by