Where can i get some canada geese?

I know two Canada geese breeders (who will send you your copy of the Migratory Birds permit) who will be hatching day olds in May. If you are still interested, please pm me. They will be day olds but Canada's are mothering type birds. In fact, they'll kidnap babies from other Canada geese! haha I'm pretty sure your grown one would like to have a baby around. Actually, I'm sure, if its a female. If you have a male, you might introduce slowly - really I'm not sure about a lone male and a baby Canada. Even though I've raised them for 7 years (legally - just trying to get the people who would otherwise write me and tell me I'm breaking laws etc to not bother) I never had that situation before.

I think McMurphys and Meyers sell Canada geese also. At least one of those do but yes, you have to buy 6 and probably get on a waiting list. I like Canada geese more than any other geese. They are calm and quiet and will get away from the UPS man (for example) rather than attack him or his van. I never had a Canada chase one of my grandchildren either, although we never approached or even tried to find a nest.

Some of my husband's friends who raised animals to sell for food, couldn't understand why we spent money doing this but until we moved into a small South Dakota town because of my health problems, they were one of the best, most fun things in my whole life.

Back
Top Bottom