Where can I order fertile eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickendot, May 28, 2011.

1. chickendot

chickendot Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2008
    Northern Nevada
    We have a small Bard Rock who has gone broody for the first time and I'd love to order some fertile eggs for her. Can anyone suggest a website they've used before?

2. mycutekitties

mycutekitties Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Modesto, California
    This website. [​IMG]
    towards the bottom people sell hatching eggs. Also you can try your local Craigslist.

3. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    [​IMG] Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

You can use BackYard Chickens! [​IMG] Like the poster above stated, towards the

bottom of the index there is a section for buying and selling. I would personaly

buy localy, as eggs that have been shipped usually have very low hatch rates,

and turn out having detached or messed up airsacs. Some people even receive

broken and cracked eggs. Look on craigslist, or ebays classifieds. Usually you

can find fertile eggs locally there. You could also look around at the local feed

store. Usually they have ads and papers hanging up. It's where I found my

cockatiel [​IMG] .

Good luck!

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  4. hudsonnascarfan

hudsonnascarfan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    well im getting my first batch of eggs from my cousin she said she would sell me the fertlized eggs for only 2 dollors a dozen and its only a short drive for me to pick them up localy just check around thats how i found out she had chickens i didnt even know that she had them till i was asking her older brother if he knew anyone that had some eggs for sale or maybe even a rooster for my pullets that i could buy cheap

5. Fritatta

Fritatta Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Woodstock, GA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by