Where Did They Go?

Lil Ts Chicks

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 18, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico USA
Hello Everyone,

Please I am in total Aww? I have a major disbelief of what could have happened to my Black Slikie's eggs that were just days away from hatching. I have also had my Guinea Fowl that flew the coop today as well?

I have had both since they were just weeks old. Along with 2 Plymouth Rock's, 1 New Hampshire Red, 2 Minorca's, 1 Wyandotte & 1 Chantecler. I have had them all since they were just weeks old. These next few months will almost a year that I have had them all. Everyone of them were friends and looked out for one another. I have looked every where and no where to be found not so much as a speck of an egg shell nothing? My Baby Silkie had 3 of her own she was taking care of along with 3 others from her sister friends.

Pls. someone tell me what could have happened? And NO, NO Animals got in and took them or killed the hatching eggs! Could my Guinea have taken them all and split?

THANKS..

Sincerely,

Lil T's Chicks

I am as baffled as you are. A chicken can move eggs by holding them under a wing, close to their body but I doubt they could fly with it. I've never been around guineas but imagine they couldn't fly carrying an egg either.

A snake could swallow eggs whole but, I don't think it could do it to 3 eggs without some chicken sounding an alarm in panic. Is there any chance a two legged predator of the human persuasion- maybe a kid, took the eggs thinking he could hatch them out himself?

Greetings from Kansas, Lil Ts Chicks, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you aboard! Sorry to hear about your mysterious missing eggs. If the guinea flew the coop how can you be convinced that something didn't get in to get the eggs?

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png

No matter how tight you think your coop is, it is always a good idea to recheck your security if you have birds come up missing. Weasels, rats and other small predators can get in amazingly small openings.

Back
Top Bottom