Where did this lil one come from?

Goldenkat

Hatching
Jul 22, 2020
So we have apparently a breeding pair of peafowl. I have two chickens sitting on four of her eggs, and the peahen has one under her. Anyway, one little chick appeared. no shell, no missing eggs. COmplete confusion. It was roaming out of the little coop peahen momma decided to lay in. so i put her in with mom. I cam back a while later and she was pecking at it. It has one solid blood eye now, so I took it away. I have no idea what to do at this point. I kind of figured we wouldnt have babies this year, but I guess I am wrong. I know nothing. I suck as a peafowl parent.

So we have apparently a breeding pair of peafowl. I have two chickens sitting on four of her eggs, and the peahen has one under her. Anyway, one little chick appeared. no shell, no missing eggs. COmplete confusion. It was roaming out of the little coop peahen momma decided to lay in. so i put her in with mom. I cam back a while later and she was pecking at it. It has one solid blood eye now, so I took it away. I have no idea what to do at this point. I kind of figured we wouldnt have babies this year, but I guess I am wrong. I know nothing. I suck as a peafowl parent.
There has to be a hidden nest somewhere. It happens all the time with chickens. Likely your peahen made a nest somewhere, and then another chicken took over.

Back
Top Bottom