Where did you buy your Pilgrims?

DB_Tex

Songster
10 Years
Aug 11, 2011
Upshur County, Texas
I'm looking to add a trio of pilgrims to my farm (or maybe a whole clutch and pick my best breeders if affordable).
True autosexing is my main want in addition to the breed's usual statistics and I just read an article about someone who bought from a hatchery and ended up with white "male pilgrims" with eggs! (In other words some shady crossbreeding happened and it ruined the breed's color characteristics.)

I'd really like to hear from people who ordered pilgrim goslings by mail and had either a good experience or a bad experience in what they got? I've had great experience dealing with Metzer in the past with ducks and I was thinking of going with them for geese too.
I'm located in NE Texas. Wouldn't mind driving up to two hours in any direction to support a local breeder instead.

Hi, new here. I bought some geese from Murray McMurray last year. Embdens and Pilgrims. This year I bought from Metzer Farms, 10 Pilgrims to be delivered later in the spring. I guess McMurray has a limit on the Pilgrims. Hope this helps. :)

I bought some geese from Murray McMurray last year. Embdens and Pilgrims. This year I bought from Metzer Farms, 10 Pilgrims to be delivered later in the spring. I guess McMurray has a limit on the Pilgrims. Hope this helps. :)

Last year, I had ordered 10 Embdens and 5 Pilgrims from McMurray and only 1 pilgrim and 8 embdens lived...not sure if it was getting two different sized at the same time and keeping them together, having the embdens growing bigger than the pilgrims or what. This year I am only getting one size breed to hopefully have a better success.

Back
Top Bottom