Where did you go?

dichotomymom

Songster
11 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Dayton Indiana
Ever count your chickens when they come back in for the night and you're missing one? You look all over, give up, shut the coop and in the morning, he/she is back? Lol. This happens to me all the time.......don't know if I'm miscounting or they found a seriously small and weird place in the coop to hide. A couple years ago, I swear there was an addition to my flock because I knew how many of a certain breed I had and I ended up with one more. I'll never know if someone dropped her off or if I'm just crazy.

Quote:
It's competely possible both are true.
wink.png

It's VERY possible that someone dropped her off. I had the same thing happen to me a couple of months ago. I looked over my shoulder and saw a BIG chocolate muscovy duck in my chicken yard. Til this day, I have no idea where he came from. I even posted an ad looking for his owner but no response.
hmm.png

I grieved for three days because one of my chickens had disappeared. I had finally resigned myself to its loss when I counted on the fourth night and it was back! I live in an area that is surrounded by a kind of swamp land. It has tall grasses that are virtually impenetrable to walk through. Predatory critters make it okay so I fenced in about an acre and let the chickens range through there. That is from where she disappeared. I looked for feathers and other signs of a struggle but came up empty. After she made it back I figured she must have gotten over the fence and took har time getting back.

Back
Top Bottom