Where do I buy Araucanas in Vancouver Washington

maskman

Hatching
11 Years
Mar 10, 2008
After an unfortunate incident that left us chickenless for an extended period of time, we have finally built a new chicken run and are ready for new feathered family members again. We live in Vancouver Washington, near Portland Oregon and would love to find 3-4 Araucanas or Americanas either laying, or getting ready, someplace in this area.

Does anyone know of a farm in the vicinity that might be a good starting place for our search? I was raised on green eggs and have missed them sorely, not to mention holding a sweet hen in my arms and rubbing under her chin.

Eliot,
Who was that masked man?

Im from Vancouver WA also and am interested in Araucanas. Ive been looking on craigslist for a few weeks now with no luck and in the local paper. The feed store will be getting some day olds in on friday not sure what types are coming in though.

if you want laying hens

and don't mind driving about 120 miles

and you don't need SQ Ameraucanas but "americanas" which may possibly be EEs (but which DO lay nice green/blue eggs)

there's a breeder just south of me who has laying hens for sale NOW .. may still be up on the Olympia Craigslist ... if not, let me know, I'm buying eggs from them ... $15 per hen

Candy

(they were selling off 10 or 12 hens, as far as I know they still have them -- also they'd be happy to sell fertile eggs ... but the roo is a BR ... )

Maskman,
Go to Araucana.net and/or Ameraucana Club and post a want add for free for what you are looking for. Plus they have breeders links and lists(on the Ameraucana site). One fellow from WA order extra Ameraucanas on that site and was looking for someone that may want some if I read his add correctly. Good luck, Harry

just heard back from the "ameraucana" breeder -- they have sold their surplus hens and now are looking for an Ameraucana or EE roo to go with the remaining 20 or so hens, since they are contemplating raising chicks; they found there is quite a market for this breed in the area ( the feed store sold out within an hour of delivery of their "ameraucanas" )

the hens' color is not described on the Ameraucana Club page but I would probably call them golden or gold-laced (darker than buff) ,,, the golden variant of the approved silver ... they also have white and black (EE?) hens

Maskman,
Did you try Pips and Peeps she is on this site and lives in Washington state. She raises quality show Ameraucanas and may have something for sale. HS

I could hatch you some chicks if you would like, but I do not have anything available to sell that is of laying age.

I am getting chicks from John Blehm in May and will have extras in that batch and the other guy that is closer to you that is getting chicks is Royce, look him up under the users, his user name is Tailfeathers. PM him to see if he still has chicks from his order available.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom