Where do you buy timers?

doubledfarms

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 12, 2012
South Carolina
I have 5 hens, not sure of breeds, that have been laying for maybe a month. About 2 weeks ago they stopped laying eggs I have only gotten one egg in the last 2 weeks!! I was getting 2 eggs every three days and one in between at times. I am assuming it has to do with the time change. I have read a lot of info about putting artifical light in the coop to help with egg production. I am wondering where you buy the timers people are using. Feel free to leave any other advice as well!!

Walmart sells them.
I don't use them for two reasons. I have a breed that is good about winter laying anyhow and when they do stop I figure they've earned their rest. Laying eggs is hard work.

welcome-byc.gif

We got ours at WalMart...and after a couple weeks decided not to use it, LOL. We figured we'd just let Mother Nature dictate their production. We're still getting about 3 eggs a day which is more than we use, so it's all good :)

I have had outdoor timers for many years...bought them at Ace Hardware. I've used them for my lighting decorations in the past........now the chickens may need to borrow them for awhile! lol! ~Beulah

Back
Top Bottom