Where do you get your chickens?

nuttyredhead

Songster
10 Years
May 3, 2010
Southern NH
So where do your get your chickens? Do they have a minimum order? I am looking for 2 chicks to put under my broody who is sitting on duds. Most places have high minimums and I already have 14 chicks, can't get too many more !

Thanks!

Quote:
She has already been sitting for almost 5 weeks (2nd set, first were duds, 2nd seem to be too). Not sure how much longer she will sit!

I got my chicks from Ideal and a few from Tractor Supply 'cause I couldn't resist. mypetchicken.com lets you order just a few, but the shipping costs are much higher. I have never ordered from them though. In the future I'd like to order eggs and incubate!
big_smile.png

I've gotten my chickens from feed stores, at local swap meets, and honestly, from catching them in makeshift traps in my front lawn.
lau.gif

I've gotten them from all over. Last year a few times I sold a couple to people to slip under broodies and as brooder buddies for single chicks when the feed stores were out, but these people contacted me and asked if I had anything vs me advertising. I see people selling chicks on CL and such for $1-$2 all the time.

Back
Top Bottom