Where do you store your eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by GJ_Kate, Apr 2, 2011.

1. GJ_Kate

GJ_Kate Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2011
    Grand Junction
    Since the weather is starting to heat up, I'm going to have to come up with a different place to store my eggs while collecting them to put in the bator. I was using the garage since it was staying about 50ish degrees, but now our weather is about 70 outside. Do you use a refrigerator turned up? We don't have easy access to our crawlspace either. Help please!!! [​IMG]

2. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

I put mine in my wine refrigerator. Stays a a nice 55 degrees.

3. RGWright

RGWright Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    NW Missouri
    I store mine in the basement, and keep a humidifier available while doing projects at home. In the office, we have a walk-in climate controlled storage area.

The basement is usually a decent setup for me. If you don't have a basement, sure... Get a old refrigerator and drill a few holes in it for oxygen exchange, of course. [​IMG]

4. ga_goat

ga_goat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Lowndes County Ga
    I just put mine in a carton and put them on a shelf beside the incubator out in the shop . I put 1 end of carton on a 4x4 and turn it 2 times a day .

5. creepinturtle

creepinturtle Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2011
    Mullins
    I just put mine in the incubator daily and i'm having chicks hatch daily for the past week [​IMG] works for us

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I keep mine on the counter. During hot months we use AC so it doesn't matter.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by