Where exactly is Want to buy section please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bargain

Love God, Hubby & farm
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Bowdon, GA
I saw it somewhere in feedback that we had to select a feature....I just cannot put my mouse on where it is, Could we have that info please...

Also, on the big Wanteds for BYC in addition to the BST section where I've discussed re. ads, more characters for them, auctions etc,,,,, Could we placed add Want To buy back with the BST area.

We made a great deal of contacts there over the years and it was so helpful to our ability to feed our birds. Many thanks and have a blessed day. Nancy

Starting now, all new items for sale must be placed using the new "Auction / Listings" system.
"Wanted To Buy" items are the only postings that can be made as standard threads, but these MUST have Subjects that start with the text "WTB" or they will be deleted by our staff.

I didn't realize that section had been done away with either...
hmm.png

Starting now, all new items for sale must be placed using the new "Auction / Listings" system.
"Wanted To Buy" items are the only postings that can be made as standard threads, but these MUST have Subjects that start with the text "WTB" or they will be deleted by our staff.

I didn't realize that section had been done away with either...
hmm.png

I'm sorry but that is no longer correct. We are in the process of updating that.

Wanted to buy is listed now in the BST forum that is most appropriate for what you are looking for. (Chickens 8 wks and older for example).

You'll choose Wanted as your type of classified and then those that are looking at the wanted ads will filter to Wanted to see them.

BST FAQs are here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/buy-sell-trade-bst-faqs

To filter to view Wanted only:

Quote:
So we have to go to each separate thread to view wanteds? Is there a way to see just the wanted items contained in all the threads?
I checked the Wanted to Buy section every day (at least once) just to see if anyone was looking for something I had. Being able to find them in one place again would be wonderful.
Thanks for all your help..........I've been slowly
old.gif
learning my way around!

Quote:

No, you don't have to go to each thread. BST has 5 subforums. You will have to go to each subforum to click the Wanted filter to view the wanted ads in that subforum. But this will allow you to skip say the Other Poultry if you don't want to view those ads.

Subforums:

Example from the Chicken Hatching Eggs "wanted"

Thank you for your reply. "Subforum" is the title I should have used instead of thread. I meant within the BST only. I now know I have to look at each one if I want to see if anyone wants something I may have.......
sad.png

Thank you for your reply. "Subforum" is the title I should have used instead of thread. I meant within the BST only. I now know I have to look at each one if I want to see if anyone wants something I may have.......
sad.png

Just figured out another way for you to accomplish this!

We're going to use the Advanced Search function of the forum to do a search and save it for future searches as well.

First Click on Advanced Search

In Keywords type in Wanted. In Additional Search Options, select Buy ~ Sell ~ Auction (Trade)

Scroll Down and click on Save this Search

A pop up box will appear. Name the search and click Submit.

Then that search will be saved and easy for you to retrieve. After you've saved this search then just repeat these next steps each time you want to check out the want ads.

You'll be taken back to the Advanced Search form. Click on Saved Searches and then click on your search.

Then scroll down to click on search

And your search will show all the Wanted Ads in the whole BST.

Thank you so much.........could you please post this on the BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements. I tried to put a link to this there but it would not let me. The same question was asked there.

Also, any chance to make the default setting "new listings" instead of "newly updated". I think this would make finding things quicker. Thank you again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom