Where is the strangest place you've found an egg?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Tracydr, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

My two OEGB Pullets just started laying this week. Tonight I found an egg in their "wading pool". :lauYes, it's still hot enough in AZ for chickens to enjoy wading, 99 degrees today.[​IMG]

2. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

When mine first started to lay I found 9 eggs in the compost bin. I've also found them in large flower pots. Now they have a big basket on the porch and usually lay there.

The little Serama hen just lays them wherever she feels like it. In the middle of the porch deck, middle of the coop, on the ground in broad daylight, Barbie don't care where her egg gets left. I'm lucky if I find it before someone smashes it. (and, yes everyone, I know to give her a box, fake eggs, etc..., she just thinks it's for pooping on)

Not that strange, but that's all I've got so far.

3. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    Rabbit cage. I've also found two bunnies snuggled with the hen

4. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    In a feed barrel when I forgot to close the lid [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  5. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    poop hammock I have found several in there esp the jelly kind in the last 2 weeks. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Prisserbabe

Prisserbabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    The chicken coop
    NOWHERE [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    sorry did i crash the thread [​IMG]
    (This is to my self) [​IMG]
    editted because i did my smiley wrong [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    I had a nutty polish hen drop an egg while she was perched on the side of an open trash dumpster...luckily it was open because I had just emptied shavings into it so it fell safely onto a soft surface and survived the fall, lol. Silly girl eventually wandered too close to one of my chained dogs and was killed. [​IMG] She never was the brightest...

8. chicken grandma

chicken grandma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008
    west michigan
    Tool box on a shelf in the garage. Day after day.

9. FuzzyButtsFarm

FuzzyButtsFarm Rest in Peace 1950-2013

Up in the rafters in the barn. Like 20 ft. off the ground. Don't know how long it was there. Went up to repair a pipe when I found it. It failed the float test.

10. melodie_a

melodie_a Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2010
    Sanford, NC
    On a supply shelf that my husband put up at the top of the coop..."because it was too high for the chickens to get to".... uh... you know they have wings right?? That is now our SLW hen Batman's favorite roosting spot. She sleeps there every night watching over all the others. I have found several eggs up there. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by