where oh where can I find those eggs?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TLWR, Mar 6, 2011.

1. TLWR

TLWR Songster

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    If she's not laying, that's fine, but I think she is. I just don't know where.
    Blue isn't laying in the duck house with the other 2 girls. She now has two nests under the shrubs and an egg by a water dish, an egg under the tarp and who knows where else. I don't care if we can't use the eggs, but I'm sure the snakes will be coming back again soon and the less food there is around for them, the better. I don't want them near the house (I'm petrified of snakes). So I don't want eggs just laying around somewhere.

I've looked under the shrubs. I've looked by the scrap pile of pine branches. I've looked around trees. I've looked under/on/around the tarp on the ground.
    How on earth do I figure out where she might be laying her stinking eggs?? I told Dh we need ducky GPS on her so we can track her movements. I watched her today while we were out working in the yard and she was always with the other 2, never off on her own to lay an egg that I saw, but we also weren't out there all day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: