where oh where could my raven be

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by clucksbc, Feb 7, 2013.

1. clucksbc

clucksbc Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2011
    my chickens have a good coop and run, and 95% of the time are there...but once in a bit they line up at the door and look up at me whith there longing eyes and i let them out...

so i go to count them one missing...and i find a good handful of feathers...so i guess i have to face the fact she is gone....

she was my survivor....when she was quite young she got a huge engorged crop...we nursed her with olive oil and vinager...but how she could possibly see, she looked so missed ballanced...but she survived...and turned into such a good egg layer...
    but guess i gotta face the facts my sweet raven is gone...and be thankful it wasn't a chicken flock massacure...
    but no chickens are going out...EVER!!!!

i guess anything could have got her...anyone from the signs i said have an idea who got her, not that it makes a difference...
    woodland is behind us...we hear cyotees but have never seen any and bears have been in the yard, but they are usually seen this time of year...just a ploof of feathers,,nothing else

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Snatch and run - coyote, fox, bobcat - , but you are right. It could have been anything. Sadly enough, it's the chance that we take when we freerange. Sorry for your loss.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    X2 what sourland says!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by