Where the heck am I?!?!?!

WillsMama93

Songster
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Shreveport, La
"WHERE THE HECK AM I?!?!?!"
D.gif

That seems to be what my chicks were screaming last night as they practiced their flying from one end of the brooder box to the other.. and one of them would suddenly find herself outside the brooder box on my bedroom carpet!!
Picture this... I built a frame out of PVC pipe, and used zip ties to close it in with hardware cloth to make the brooder box "taller" and give them more room to perch without flying out of the brooder.. well, I got 3 of the 4 sides enclosed, and since none of them had flown out of the brooder yet.. I thought I would be ok to wait until the next afternoon to enclose the 3rd side (I was having trouble coming up with a way to rig a "door" in the 3rd side, and needed more time to brainstorm)

Well, we got home last night, and the girls were getting adventurous.. and we heard a peeping ruckous coming from the bedroom.. and there was poor Bambi, on the floor outside the brooder, peeping "HEY GUYS.. I CAN HEAR YOU PEEPING.. BUT I CAN'T SEE YOU... WHERE ARE YOU? HECK, FOR THAT MATTER, WHERE AM I??? So we put her back, and all was well, for 10 minutes, until Bob and Pinoccio ended up outside the box, LOL. Needless to say, I went right to fixing a wire flap for the 3rd side!!
yippiechickie.gif

I'll post pics of my new brooder highrise later!

I know!! We have been staying at my parent's house, and they are in the front bedroom there. My mom or dad is always home, and they don't have dogs or cats, so they would have been safe.. but the poopy mess would have been nasty!!

LOL get used to it. I would find all 6 of my girls sitting on top of the brooder...sleeping, flapping stretching. My little SLW will go everywhere. hahahaha

example...yesterday's adventure the spare bed aka futon

HPIM2603Small.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom