Where to buy artificial, light colored duck eggs?

rodandstafffarm

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 20, 2011
My cayuga ducks have just started laying and I want to remove the eggs but also want to leave some artificial ones that look similiar to theirs in the same spot. They are a bit larger than chicken eggs and lighter in color. I can't seem to find any duck sized fake eggs on line. Anyone have a source?

Sometimes crafters on Etsy make them. I bought some chicken sized unpainted wooden ones, and those seem to work. But I would like something more runner-like, myself. Would love to know a source!

And in these days of dwindling employment, I'd like to think opportunities like this would put a little cash in someone's pocket. Even a few bucks, times 10% of the duck forum members, might be a chunk of change.

Anyone have a lathe?

I want to encourage them to keep laying in the nest area. Not taking all the eggs seems to help and it's less stressful for them. They get rather flustered when I just walk off with their babies...
smile.png
.... this way they come in and think everything is status quo. And I get eggs for baking. Everyone is happy
smile.png

Ok, ducks are cute and all, but they aint that bright. a stone or wood egg...heck...even a golf ball will fool them. i use stone eggs from hobby lobby

Your Cayugas are laying white eggs?

I use the plastic eggs made for Easter treats. Fill them with sand and tape them closed. The ducks don't seem to care that they are pink and green.

Back
Top Bottom