Where to buy feed in Charlotte, NC?

black_fx_35

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 26, 2010
Charlotte, NC
So my chicks don't arrive until late July, but like the rest of the fanatics here, I am trying to learn as much as possible, and be as prepared as possible. So I am wondering where the best place is to get feed in Charlotte, NC? Or if there is a site that delivers that makes more sense? I think I want organic feed, but I am not entirely sure (I just feel like organic sounds better), feel free to convince me otherwise....thanks!

what part of charlotte are you in? we buy ours at tractor supply, but it's not organic. we decided that wasn't for use at this point. I would find some threads here about the pros and cons of organic feed. to find a feed store near you, check the phonebook for farm supply stores and feed stores. I am actually getting interested in making our own feed if I can get the area to store all the ingredients. good luck! how many chicks did you order? what breeds?

Thanks for the info, I will look up the nearest Tractor Supply store. We are about 3 miles north of Uptown Charlotte....we ordered 8 chicks, 1 of each of the following:
1. Barred Rock
2. Salmon Faverolles
3. Blue Cochin
4. Buff Orpington
5. Buff laced polish
6. Easter Egger
7. Golden Laced Wyandotte
8. Silver Cockoo Maran

I will also look into pros/cons of organic feed...like I said, I don't know enough to know if I absolutely must lean one way or the other, but will do the research and figure it out!
smile.png

We live in Locust, about a half hour east of Charlotte and we buy ours from a local guy (Cabarrus County) who grinds and mixes his own blends. His feed is all natural, but not certified organic. The best part about his feed...it's $6.00 for 50 pounds
ep.gif

We supplement the mash with oyster shell, free choice, and they free range. All of our chickens are shiny and healthy and most lay an egg every day.

When we lived in NC, I bought my feed at the SS. I like their feed comparably to TSC. We lived outside of Mooresville. I think there is a TSC in Huntersville......

Would you mind sharing your feed contact with us? We live in Mint Hill and have been purchasing organic feed for over a year now from Go Local NC Farms. But it is expensive! Thanks in advance for any leads you might be willing to share.

We have begun buying in bulk from Countryside Organics and we buy the organic/soy-free layer feed. If anyone just needs 1 bag, you are welcome to just purchase it from us if you dont want to buy bulk. :)

Back
Top Bottom