Where to buy feed in Charlotte, NC?

Hi Chicken-fil-a,
My name is Steve and I saw your post. I would like to know who and where the local guy you buy from who grinds and mixes his own blend is. I live in Harrisburg NC in Cabarrus County and have been buying my feed from Tractor Supply and also McCoy's in Midland. Need less to say I have been paying more for feed than you and would like to save some money but more importantly, I want to try to raise my chickens as naturally as I can without additives in their food. Hopefully you can help me out.
Thanking you in advance.
Steve

Last edited:
For those who were interested in the name of the Cabarrus County farmer who mills his own grain, I've got a lead: Barrier Farms. I've been using his layer feed and mixing it with a whole grains - my girls LOVE this combination! Protein is at 17%.

link removed by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
I live near Locust and I am interested in the $6 .00 feed please let me have his contact info. I have 300 birds and sure could use his service.

edited by staff to remove personal information

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello fellow egg-lovers,

Well the chickens are ordered for a May delivery (YEA!) and now I am researching feed sources. I would ideally like to feed my chickens and organic, non-GMO diet...but the prices I am finding for organic feed for both a local place and after shipping online are in the $35-$40 range for a 50lb bag. YIKES! th.gif

I was going to make my own but I cant find a local organic grain supplier and Azure Standard doesnt have a drop off near me (plus I would never meet their minimum order). The feed mill in Mt. Pleasant mentioned above is very reasonable but they appear to be just non-gmo (not organic) and they mix with soy which I am trying to avoid.

I am located in north Charlotte...anyone know of some place I am missing? I want to make sure I am not missing a hidden gem before I make the sacrifice between exorbitant feed prices or pesticide-eggs barnie.gif

Thanks all!

We live in Locust, about a half hour east of Charlotte and we buy ours from a local guy (Cabarrus County) who grinds and mixes his own blends.  His feed is all natural, but not certified organic.  The best part about his feed...it's $6.00 for 50 pounds /img/smilies/ep.gif

We supplement the mash with oyster shell, free choice, and they free range.  All of our chickens are shiny and healthy and most lay an egg every day.

I also live 10 mins from locust could you please let me know where you buy the feed? Thanks!

There's a great place in mint hill called woof'n hoof that you can get organic chicken feed and also all natural chicken feed

Hi, have been off of this site for awhile. I have shut down my duck farm in San Diego and will be relocating to Morganton NC in 7 weeks and plan to start over with the ducks. I got acreage near Enola. Can I get any updated info on organic/non GMO/no soy/no corn feed. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom