Where to buy my first set of quail eggs

I sell coturnix quail eggs. I have sent some to people on BYC, no complaints yet
big_smile.png
I send all around.

Check out my website

http://www.stellargamebirds.com

Quote:
Buy from a breeder who has large amount of breeders to assure genetic diversity. Do not buy from somebody who have just a few button quails and a few coturnix quails.

Check ebay, there are some breeders selling 100 or more eggs, if you do not need that many inquire within and they will likely sell you less.

Never buy eggs from somebody selling 10 or 20 eggs (in coturnix case) they likely have just a few breeders, they are inbread already, and most likely they are junk.

I bought all my coturnix eggs right off ebay. I think Quail eggs take shipping better than chicken eggs. I ordered 40+ eggs and got 39 chicks out of the hatch. If you buy 100 eggs you better be ready for 100 chicks. 100 Coturnix chicks can put some food away and fast. also they are the most fun to watch hatch once they start they come out like pop corn. you blink and you have 5 more chicks lol

That is what i was told about 50% so i thought OK i will order twice what i need. 40+ extras well they sent me 41 or 42 eggs. the only eggs that did not hatch was the 2 or 3 that got cracked in shipping. i tried the candle wax trick to see if i could seal them but after the hatch i cracked them and they were dried up. I had the room for the extra birds so it was no big deal. It seems to me if you want 40 birds only half will hatch out of 40 eggs. if you only want 20 all the little suckers will hatch.

We always get ours from UglyDucky here one BYC, she's got a wonderful set-up and we always have good hatch rates from her
smile.png

Good luck with who ever you choose!!

Quote:
Buy from a breeder who has large amount of breeders to assure genetic diversity. Do not buy from somebody who have just a few button quails and a few coturnix quails.

Check ebay, there are some breeders selling 100 or more eggs, if you do not need that many inquire within and they will likely sell you less.

Never buy eggs from somebody selling 10 or 20 eggs (in coturnix case) they likely have just a few breeders, they are inbread already, and most likely they are junk.

That is't always the case. I am a small breeder and I always buy from somebody else to add to my bloodline and I never use the same breeders for longer than a year. I will pic out 10 of my best hens that come from the last hatch and put with a couple roos of the new blood line. I never use 100% of my own birds I have Jumbo Browns and Manchurens right now and just hatched out Jumbo Browns and A & M's to mix with mine for breeders.

So if your looking for a smaller amount of eggs I would be happy to help you. My fertility rate has been great and so has the mortility rate. I just hatached out 47 eggs and culled 2. There are still eggs hatching. I'll have Bob Whites in the spring laying. I'm looking for some Eggs from somebody else to mix with my birds. My A & M's are just chicks so no eggs there yet.

I'll sell you 25 eggs for $5. And that is $5 for each 25 you want. Plus shippingwhich is usually around $10

Back
Top Bottom