Where to buy quality feed

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by dbjay417, Dec 21, 2007.

1. dbjay417

dbjay417 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    I live in puerto rico and am having trouble finding quality feed. Post people here just feed their chickens tables scraps, generic feed, and chopped corn. I'm not satisfied with that, I was more specific products for my feathered friends.

Randomly in the lawn and garden secton of walmart I came across a sole bag of 14% chick starter and grower, but thats the only thing I've seen like that.

can anyone recommend a brand?

Are there websites where i can purchase feed even though S&H would probably be a bit much, I'm willing to shell out if its worth it.

2. Kentucky~Momma

Kentucky~Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    South Central Kentucky
    We get ours from our local feed mill/ co-op. Ours is also a blend that we have them mix up for us, not one that is just already mixed. I am not sure if you have a feed mill or such to find feed for livestock.

3. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Check the feed stores that supply cattle and horse feeds. They should have something.

4. dbjay417

dbjay417 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    Maybe I should be checking petshops instead of farm stores.

5. Xtradust

Xtradust Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Orange, CA
    Puerto Rico?!

I'd head back to the Walmart and try to talk to the person in charge of the pet section. If they got feed before, they can get it again.

Good luck and good job trying to find your chicks some decent feed!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by