Where to buy small #'s of chicks/eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by JillsChicks, Aug 17, 2007.

1. JillsChicks

JillsChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2007
    Western NY
    Where is the website that allows one to order 3 chicks at a time? I was certain that I had seen a website that allows you to buy fewer than 25 chicks at a time.

My son is interested in Silver Laced Wyandotte chicks. Thanks so much for your help!

2. khable

khable Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2007
    LaGrangeville, NY
    That would be My Pet Chicken.

I ordered thru them and was very pleased!! My babies were very healthy when I got them and the customer service was excellent!

Only draw back is spending an extra $25 for a heat pack since it is only a few chicks... But well worth it for me!!

Here is a link to their ordering page.

http://www.mypetchicken.com/Chickens-Silver_Laced_Wyandottes-P235.aspx

Good Luck!!

3. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Traci is wonderful to work with and answers any question you may have. My Pet Chicken is a wonderful resource for small flock orders. One of the only places that will also sex bantams and silkies.

4. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    If you don't want sexed bantams, I had great results from Meyer Hatchery (www.meyerhatchery.com)

Got my chicks from OH to NC in less than 24 hours after hatching - all lively and very happy, shipped with a glob of gel and a heat pack. Small order shipping was an extra $20, so for us shipping was $32 - more than the birds cost LOL.

They will ship as few as 3 chicks. We ordered 7 and they threw in an extra so got 8. Would definately order from them again.

5. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Do My Pet Chicken still sex silkies? I can't find them on their website.

Ideal Poultry have a minimum order of $20 but no minimum amount. I ordered 8 chicks from them in the spring and they sent 10 free for warmth. I didn't really want 10 RIR roosters (especially since I don't keep RIRs!), but we got 10 free chicken dinners out of the deal. They will also mix species, including ducks, guineas and turkeys to make up the order.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by