Where to buy swans at a reasonable price?

View attachment 1542760 View attachment 1542758 I have a pair of pinioned Black Australian swans that are over 3 years old now. I hatched the cob, bought the pen. I've decided to give them up due to being so expensive to have a adequate pond built. Least has been $15,000 up to $50,000. I'm talking concrete with proper filtration/filters. Would have spent the 15K but didn't trust the contractor. Gracie & Gunther are presently using a 300 gallon stock tank I work my rear off keeping clean and changing water twice a week. Now huge problem with fire ants in the swan yard. You don't want to know how many pots of boiling water I've carried out there. I'm a senior so with caring for them properly on top of a flock of peafowl and ornamental pheasants, 2 dogs and 2 cats it's a lot of work. My husband pretty much fins for himself, LOL!!! Have an ad on Craigslist, $1,200 for the pair. Requesting adequate water and predator proof habitat. Also within driving distance for me to check out the new home. Hahaha, obviously I'll probably never sell them so looking for easier ways to care for them.
Where are you located? I live on a 55 acre lake these beautiful birds would enjoy. I built a floating island, which the ducks use. I have experience caring for a single male mute swan.

I have a 3 year old female that I would like to rehome and am in NE Ohio. Because of everything that ChickenCanoe said, I am looking for a home for her where she will have another female companion but will NOT be bred. It absolutely kills me, but I will not allow any more of her parents' eggs to hatch. Because of irresponsible owners who just let them breed and let the offspring just fly off, our dept of Fish/Wildlife now kills swans that are out on public waterways, obviously not belonging to anyone. They are encroaching on the breeding/feeding grounds of the Trumpeter swans who are native and are protected. The mutes are considered to be an invasive species.
I want $800 firm for her (have invested far more than that into her at this point) and will be very fussy about where she goes. I have a really, really hard time letting my animals go. My dad's a vet, I do rescue, and I've just seen way too much misery out there. This young lady, however, really needs her own pond where she can feel some freedom and I cannot provide that for her here with the parents on the premises.
I would love to have your Swan but I have a lonely Male Mute. Our beatiful female died 3 weeks ago, without warning. We have a large pond and she would have a happier life with a companion. For us, our only choice is a female because 2 males rarely will get along. Let me know if you want to talk. Thank you. Robin

I have been doing a lot of research concerning swans. I have the room but don’t want to pay $2500 for a pair! Can anyone help me with this? I live in northern Indiana. Thanks!
I have a couple of young Australian black swan for sale with 750 a pair pinioned and DNA sexed if you are still interested welcome to contact me buy sending me a private message here on BYC.

Well there is this guy in Ga. who I buy birds from. He was selling cygnts for 250.$ and I think a couple hundred a pair for black mutes. His name is David ... he comes to the CVPA show every year in Ga. May be worth a drive, don't know if he ships...

No, I haven't really done anything more on this subject. Have been a bit distracted with having a knee replacement and keeping all the animals well as we're in coyote season worse than usual this time!
Hello...I just came across this site while
searching a rather sad subject. I live in the "thumb" area if Michigan. I just read on Facebook where an elderly man has had an incident where a woman came onto his property to steal the eggs of his swan. He has has the bonded male & female for many years. On Sunday the female is now no longer living and the male will not leave her side. Although this was all observed on a security camera they have not found the culprit. I'm not well versed in their habitats but I'm looking into helping this poor man if you still have yours available. Thank you

Attachments

• 2006D4E9-6DBB-4AB5-8699-2BB180595B65.png
    2006D4E9-6DBB-4AB5-8699-2BB180595B65.png
    202.5 KB · Views: 40
Hello,

Since you are in the pets/swans business, I thought you might like to know that I am

selling the domain name petswans.com.

This domain can be forwarded to your existing site to capture some pre-qualified leads

from people who type in the domains into their browser.

This domain should serve work to your advantage in the search engines and in Internet and

offline marketing campaigns.

This is a very short term, first come first served opportunity. I am contacting other

online businesses today about this opportunity.

I will sell this domain today for $1600.

Some More benefits.

Memorable: petswans.com is easy to remember.
Great extension: Uses the .com extension.
Both pet and swans in this domain have huge Google, Bing searches.

Contact me on - [email protected]

You can also buy this domain directly from Godaddy. just type petswans.com in search box.

Thanks for your time

Ishan srivastava
[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom