Where to buy

Here is my waterer and feeder. I love building things too. The learning process last a life time.

63890_img_1800.jpg

63890_img_1810.jpg

63890_img_1804.jpg

It depends on what and where I'm feeding. The big girls use gavanized feeder and waterer hanging. I use a smaller homemade one for the silkies and a plastic waterer and feeder for the cochins. Depends on how many and where
big_smile.png

Quote:
It rain a lot here in Washington and I like stuff to last many years as I am too lazy to build one every 3-5 years. As you can see my 3/4" plywood shipping box coop also set on the cement blocks. The feeder built with 3/4 plywood and weight about 35lbs empty. It holds around 50lbs of feed. This setup do give the chicken a lot of exercise by jumping up and down.

Quote:
I made this same feeder, to keep out the D@mn squirrels. But the chickens are petrified of stepping on the treadle because it moves! AHHH! lol. Right now I have it so it's the only place they can get any food, and it's propped so it only moves a tiny bit when they step on it. How long did it take yours to learn to just jump on the darn thing? I'm tired of feeding squirrels!

Quote:
I made this same feeder, to keep out the D@mn squirrels. But the chickens are petrified of stepping on the treadle because it moves! AHHH! lol. Right now I have it so it's the only place they can get any food, and it's propped so it only moves a tiny bit when they step on it. How long did it take yours to learn to just jump on the darn thing? I'm tired of feeding squirrels!

I let them out late that day and put feed on the treader. They learn within few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom