Where to find EE's

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by GardenGirl, Feb 15, 2009.

1. GardenGirl

GardenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

I was thinking of adding EE's to our flock for the egg colors. I was wondering if they are sold at most hatcheries or do you have to be lucky to come accross them in your area? My friends are making an order together, but I'm not sure which hatchery they are using. They are ordering RIR's and BO's. If I can locate a nice hatchery that sells all 3 of these types, maybe we could use them. Thanks for the help!

2. Momma_Cluck

Momma_Cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    N. West Michigan
    Murray McMurray, Cackle, Ideal and others carry them! I got my Aracaunas (The breed they get EE's from) from Ideal and love them!

3. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    All hatcheries have them if they dont say EE then they say araucana/ameraucana but they are all EE's

4. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I think all of the hatcheries sell them.

5. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Momma cluck ideals araucanas are EE;s no hatchery i know sells true araucana [​IMG]

6. GardenGirl

Thank you all! I was hoping they'd be easy to find. [​IMG]

7. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

They are and you will LOVE them!

8. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    They are everywhere you can probably find them locally as well, i sell them as do a few other BYC members.

9. GardenGirl

I'll have to put a post here to see if anyone will be selling young EE hens in my area. Thanks for the suggestion, AHappyChick. Before I do, are you located near Port Jervis, NY?

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

EEs are easy to find. It's the true Ameraucana breed and the Araucana breed that are hard to find.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by