Where to find good duck pools?

My favorite pools are horse feed dishes from my local feed store (Stockdale's). I also have a pond liner from Home Depot which holds 75 gallons and allows them to really swim. The funny thing is, they prefer the small food dishes. I think that we would like the bigger one so we think they will too. But, they only use the large one (in the back) occasionally. The smallest one holds 5 gallons, the larger 10 gallons. So, they are really easy to change daily.
IMG_3447.jpeg

Note, I am aware of the issues of the duck in the front. She is almost 8 years old.

Could you tell me about your filter system? Like what you bought so I can figure out if its in my budget to do the same? I'm assuming its in the white bucket next to the pool?
I got 3/4 inch uni seals for upper part to spill back in and bottom to be able to drain it ( don’t have to do that step ) can carry and dump it too
I used 5 gallon bucket and got filter media off Amazon Just cut it to
fit inside
3/4 inch pvc pipe and 1/2 inch that attaches to the pump then into the bucket
I pay more in Canada then USA charges
I also used the rain barrel bulkhead for a drain for the kid pool
I use a hose as long as you want
Mine waters my tree when I drain it
Here are pics of the things I use.
I use to clean my kid pools daily till I set up the filter system
Now I can drain the Bucket and spray the media every few days and I use less water
Sometimes the pump will get feathers caught but I just spray it out
Yoy can also put something around it to prevent that
I started to use a cheap dollar store net to get feathers out daily to avoid the issue

Attachments

• CE4A08AD-5AE6-488E-B8CE-C7C389FD3C75.png
    CE4A08AD-5AE6-488E-B8CE-C7C389FD3C75.png
    765.9 KB · Views: 7
  • C84FA0D7-21C6-4D75-BE3C-D1172FE90EED.png
    C84FA0D7-21C6-4D75-BE3C-D1172FE90EED.png
    777.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 4001E9E0-4609-43FF-A24A-E4011B91A610.png
    4001E9E0-4609-43FF-A24A-E4011B91A610.png
    855.9 KB · Views: 6
  • BCC10F55-3E27-4F0D-B4F0-CAF13F8F9080.png
    BCC10F55-3E27-4F0D-B4F0-CAF13F8F9080.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
My favorite pools are horse feed dishes from my local feed store (Stockdale's). I also have a pond liner from Home Depot which holds 75 gallons and allows them to really swim. The funny thing is, they prefer the small food dishes. I think that we would like the bigger one so we think they will too. But, they only use the large one (in the back) occasionally. The smallest one holds 5 gallons, the larger 10 gallons. So, they are really easy to change daily.
View attachment 3618405
Note, I am aware of the issues of the duck in the front. She is almost 8 years old.
Beautiful crew you have
I didn’t notice any issues

Thank you for the detail! This is so helpful! I was thinking... I have an extra above ground pool filter pump. What do you think about me using that? I believe its the 539gpm. And with a small kiddie pool, in theory I think it should be great. Thoughts?
I got 3/4 inch uni seals for upper part to spill back in and bottom to be able to drain it ( don’t have to do that step ) can carry and dump it too
I used 5 gallon bucket and got filter media off Amazon Just cut it to
fit inside
3/4 inch pvc pipe and 1/2 inch that attaches to the pump then into the bucket
I pay more in Canada then USA charges
I also used the rain barrel bulkhead for a drain for the kid pool
I use a hose as long as you want
Mine waters my tree when I drain it
Here are pics of the things I use.
I use to clean my kid pools daily till I set up the filter system
Now I can drain the Bucket and spray the media every few days and I use less water
Sometimes the pump will get feathers caught but I just spray it out
Yoy can also put something around it to prevent that
I started to use a cheap dollar store net to get feathers out daily to avoid the ist

Back
Top Bottom