Where to find good duck pools?

Hudsonsgirl

Chirping
Jun 29, 2023
East Tennessee
Is it just me or are the plastic blue pools super thin now? I remember as a kid my mom would buy one and they were so thick and held up all summer long!
Now I buy two and stack one inside the other to make it sturdy. The pools for sale in the garden area of the stores are cracked on the bottom from the weight of a brick used to hold them down.

Where do you find the hard thick ones anymore? Can you order them online? Or what do you use as a duck pool that work a well for you? I have 6 ducks.

Hi there I also use baby pools but I also stack them double because you're right they're flimsy.. I always buy extras when they're on sale I got some from tractor supply. I got some from Dollar General. They didn't have any cracks like the walmart ones usually do. I also check Facebook marketplace to see if anyone selling one of those really good strong old ones I think they're called step 2?

Is it just me or are the plastic blue pools super thin now? I remember as a kid my mom would buy one and they were so thick and held up all summer long!
Now I buy two and stack one inside the other to make it sturdy. The pools for sale in the garden area of the stores are cracked on the bottom from the weight of a brick used to hold them down.

Where do you find the hard thick ones anymore? Can you order them online? Or what do you use as a duck pool that work a well for you? I have 6 ducks.
No they're definitely way worse now.
I use some heavy duty black tubs that I bought from our farm store. They're not as big as a kiddie pool but you could use two. I like them being smaller because it's easier to clean them and refill them frequently.

This is it I think.
Screenshot_20230824_102926_Samsung Internet.jpg

I saw those and wondering if it would be deep enough. Although my ducks can stand in their baby pool and just splash around.
I do like using liners with drains quite a bit. I have an actual concrete pool now but if you dig a small pond (easy to just do by hand with a shovel) dig a little trench and lay some pvc to drain it, and then put a drain down and liner in. That way you can make it whatever size and shape you want. I loved my liner pool until the liner tore when a tree fell on it.

I use the bigger kid pools
My ducks even my goose can swim with feet up
I add a drain so I don’t have to try to dump it
I also add a filter system and only have to clean the pools once a week and I have 19 ducks and 1 goose
I have 2 of the kid pools and 2 deeper fish ponds
I get my pools at Canadian tire so those not in Canada I’m not sure where
These are much bigger then the Walmart ones
I have never had to throw a pool away for being cracked or broken because I use a drain I don’t put pressure on it trying to dump it

Attachments

• 4379DED6-3067-41A6-B34C-100458415A87.jpeg
    4379DED6-3067-41A6-B34C-100458415A87.jpeg
    604.7 KB · Views: 11
I use the bigger kid pools
My ducks even my goose can swim with feet up
I add a drain so I don’t have to try to dump it
I also add a filter system and only have to clean the pools once a week and I have 19 ducks and 1 goose
I have 2 of the kid pools and 2 deeper fish ponds
I get my pools at Canadian tire so those not in Canada I’m not sure where
These are much bigger then the Walmart ones
I have never had to throw a pool away for being cracked or broken because I use a drain I don’t put pressure on it trying to dump it
Could you tell me about your filter system? Like what you bought so I can figure out if its in my budget to do the same? I'm assuming its in the white bucket next to the pool?

Back
Top Bottom