Where to find info caring for peafowl

angidee

Songster
9 Years
Feb 26, 2010
Washington
Where do you recommend finding basic care info for peafowl?
I am interested in learning about peafowl and their care before deciding if they will be joining our flock.
Basic info I am searching for includes basic housing needs, feed requirements, characteristics of the different types, health and diseases...pretty much whatever stuff a person should know before they jump in.

Honestly, searching on this site will give you plenty of information. Look at the top where it says peafowl sticky index and there is a lot of info there. If you come up with more questions, you can do a site search or just post to ask questions. Any of the 'regular' colored varieties are the same for care, just the greens or high percentage crosses are different (and not cold hardy). Best of luck in whatever you decide, I really love mine. No matter how bad my day is, they still make me smile.

You found it ...right here
thumbsup.gif
this forum will take you to all kinds of info on Peas and there are new things to learn from each other every week.
Welcome to the world of Peas

Another good place is the UNITED PEAFOWL ASSOC. A group of people feeding peafowl....We have a publication 6 times per year... for info go to www.peafowl.org ... A lot of new things in peafowl now dont miss out on anything... George connerhills

Another good place is the UNITED PEAFOWL ASSOC. A group of people  feeding peafowl....We have a publication 6 times per year...   for info  go to               www.peafowl.org   ... A lot of new things in peafowl now dont miss out on anything...   George     connerhills

:thumbsup

I find myself agreeing with everything George has been posting, ;)

The UNITED PEAFOWL ASSOCIATION also has a forum with knowledgeable people who are eager to help with peafowl and their owners. There is a knowledge base on the forum site, along with valuable information galore.

thumbsup.gif

I find myself agreeing with everything George has been posting,
wink.png

The UNITED PEAFOWL ASSOCIATION also has a forum with knowledgeable people who are eager to help with peafowl and their owners. There is a knowledge base on the forum site, along with valuable information galore.

i agree 100% go to their site, you can even go to some of the top breeders of peafowl web site.

list of some of what i think have been the top with info...in no order

1. Brad Legg in MO

2. Doug McNutt in Texas

3. Sid in Texas

4. Craig in Indiana

these and a lot more are links on the UPA site......so go there and their links you will find the most information on the internet....

the forum is great also just a lot of the breeders don't have a lot of time to spend on there. but will be glad to share info

you just check out the site and the 4 breeders site above will keep you busy for some time...oh yes great PIC TOO

Back
Top Bottom