Where to get Blue Australorp day old chicks?

Sally PB

Addict
Premium Feather Member
Aug 7, 2020
Belding, MI
DH is on board with getting more chickens this spring. Yay! I had thought about hatching some Buff Orpington over Black Australorp eggs, but don't want to deal with more cockerels, and the chance of boys would be too great.

I've fallen in LOVE with Blue Australorps. Has anyone ordered them as day old pullet chicks from a hatchery they would recommend? (Yes, there could still be males involved, but I'm going to do my best to avoid the issue.)

Privett hatchery has blue australorps. This is pic of one of my now 3-year-old blue australorp hens i got from Privett. You will love them! They are beautiful, friendly, docile & sweet.

Attachments

• 20201227_191059.jpg
    20201227_191059.jpg
    802.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi again. I THought you were following azygous's blue australorp thread when i posted yesterday, & have since confirmed you definitely are. So i understand you may be wary of blues from privett. (welp). Ive had no health issues at all with mine.
But mine are two years older, & things can change. The only other major hatchery i see offering blue 'lorps is Strombergs. There are also several other smaller hatcheries offering them. I havent used any of the above hatcheries so no help here. But maybe bumping your thread will allow someone to see your question who Can offer a personal review. Either way, i do think you will love them; glad to hear that dh said "yes"!

Back
Top Bottom