Where to get chicks in CT?

black_cat

♥♥Lover of Leghorns♥♥
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
I am working on convincing my parents to let me get some baby chicks. I was originally planning MyPetChicken, but my parents hinted that they might be more comfortable driving and picking up chicks from somewhere. We have already had a rather poor experience with clark farm, so we'd rather not use them. Any suggestions? I"m looking for Easter Eggers, Cochins, and Splash Marans or Splash Ameraucanas. Backups are Salmon Faverolles, Barred Rocks, and Speckled Sussex.

Have you looked for a local breeder? That would probably be the best thing as long as you check if the chicks are healthy.
I've been trying to find breeders but the few I can find only offer straight run chicks, if they offer chicks at all and aren't limited to hatching eggs.

I will have chicks available likely towards the end of February/March. I have French Black Coppers Marans, Olive eggers, and planning on Ameraucana and possibly leghorns. Located in Tolland County. They are sold as straight run or I will grow out to Pullets also.
What colors of ameraucana and leghorn?

Back
Top Bottom