Where to get poults from? (Mississippi)

This is good to know. I'm in NE MS, so they probably won't travel too much further to me than they do to you. I might be overthinking all of this. Just want to be sure I'm making the smartest decisions from the start!
If it helps any to know, I always get mine scheduled for the end of April, first of March and I pick either a Monday ir Tuesday hatch date..

As soon as they open their availability to buy for spring Id go ahead and make an order as soon as possible. End of April is after the last frost and before temps take off so its perfect shipping temps even if they get delayed any in shipping.

Thanks guys for all of your responses! I think I'm overthinking things a bit - just very desirous of doing this as well as I can for both me and the birds and since I don't know what to expect, my anxiety is running a little rampant lol. I will stick with my original plan and order from Cackle.

Thanks guys for all of your responses! I think I'm overthinking things a bit - just very desirous of doing this as well as I can for both me and the birds and since I don't know what to expect, my anxiety is running a little rampant lol. I will stick with my original plan and order from Cackle.
They have good healthy and thriving stock so I wouldnt stress. Their the hatchery I recommend to everyone 🤟 they have excellent bantam dominiques too if those ever interest you lol

if you go to cackles web site they have a chat line option where you can type/talk to a sales rep. Last year was my first time and I found that helpful.

I just placed my order for 24 poults! Hope I’m not biting off more than I can chew 😆 Our last frost is typically end of March/first of April so I scheduled them for mid-April.

Hi all, I'm looking to get my first turkeys this next year.

Had initially planned on placing an order with Cackle Hatchery for Bourbon Reds now that their order page is open, however, after reading through the forums, I'm wondering if it might be smarter for me to find a breeder or different hatchery closer to home. I'm located in Mississippi so Cackle is a pretty far trek from me for baby turkeys.

Thoughts on this? Or any recommendations for hatcheries/breeders close to where I'm located?

Back
Top Bottom