Where to house the babies?

hollophil

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
Bend, Oregon
Ok, I was going to put my baby chicks in our single car garage but it is full of wood to build the coop. DH doesn't want them in the house:(. But he might have a good idea...we have space under our house. It is almost head hide, enclosed but unfinished (dirt floor etc) there is electricity so a heat lamp is no problem, I have a 4 x 3 x2 ft high wooden brooder box. Temperature is a constant 50 degrees which is maybe better than the garage as it is not insulated and here in Central Oregon the nights can drop to the teens and days can be 60ish. Its ventilated but not exactly open fresh air. What do you experts think? Bad idea or would it work?

Well, my chicks will be in the garage (I must say I simply could not have them under the house-too far away) after wearing my husband down to the idea. I am very excited, my brooder looks good. Made it out of a storage box we used have in the back of a van for camping when the kids were small. Will post a picture when I find my camera. All the advise on this site is just wonderful as well as the enthusiasm. Can't wait to get my babies on Tuesday! My boys and husband are sure I have lost my mind but they will all come 'round Tuesday night to play with the little ones.
wink.png

I totally understand lol. I couldn't even have my babies in my basement without hooking up my IP camera on them. Now I can watch my chicks from my office, 20 miles away
smile.png
Nothing like calling my wife at random points throughout the day with comments like, ummm check the chicks, I think one of em just pooped in the water lol. Good luck with your new babies and with the coop you are probably going to be working on any moment now.

~Mark

I love the idea of the camera but i dont think i would get any work done ever. Also my DH would kill me if i was more worried about the chicks then the kids
lau.gif
Can you hear it now " Hi hun, i know you are busy changing diapers and i think the twins may have the kitchen knifes but would you mind going down to the basement and spanking the roo? I swear it was being mean again!"
smack.gif
End conversation and marriage...LOL
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom