Where to obtain Texas A&M Quail in the midwest?

speng5

Chirping
Mar 6, 2024
Where is a good source for Texas A&M quail in the midwest? I am in Iowa. I currently have just regular Coturnix/japanese quail, but Texas A&M have been on my wish list and I don't know where to find any even semi locally...

Texas A&Ms are no longer available (they were a research breed, and if you see someone selling them, they're actually not). If you mean jumbo whites or English whites, you can get those, however.

If you want hatching eggs, I would check Myshire Farm or Thieving Otter Farm. If you are looking for live birds, Myshire Farms ships, as does Southwest Gamebirds and Thieving Otter. If you want local, you may check your local craigslist.

Texas A&Ms are no longer available (they were a research breed, and if you see someone selling them, they're actually not). If you mean jumbo whites or English whites, you can get those, however.

If you want hatching eggs, I would check Myshire Farm or Thieving Otter Farm. If you are looking for live birds, Myshire Farms ships, as does Southwest Gamebirds and Thieving Otter. If you want local, you may check your local craigslist.

Wow, interesting! About when did they stop breeding A&Ms? Reason I ask is I have books on quail that aren’t even that relatively old that mention them a lot.

Back
Top Bottom