Where to order from?

Who should I order from?

• Total voters

Iluveggers

Crossing the Road
Jun 27, 2021
NYS
I am planning my spring order, and am debating a few hatcheries. I am only looking at those who have no minimum per breed (want to get a bunch of individual birds of as many breeds as possible! Also looking at approximately $5 per pullet (a few dollars more for a breed I want to try is ok but I can’t spend $40 on a chick).Would love you to share your thoughts/experiences with who you ordered from.

I am planning my spring order, and am debating a few hatcheries. I am only looking at those who have no minimum per breed (want to get a bunch of individual birds of as many breeds as possible! Also looking at approximately $5 per pullet (a few dollars more for a breed I want to try is ok but I can’t spend $40 on a chick).Would love you to share your thoughts/experiences with who you ordered from.
I trust Cackle Hatchery. They're VERY helpful when I ask for help with ordering :D

Cackle and Mcmurry. They have really good reviews. Cackle chicks are cheaper.

Don’t use heartland!! I got 20 chicks from them all died! They wouldn’t give us a refund nor send replacement chicks. They said because we don’t know how u take care of the chicks u have no proff it was our fault.☹️

I have ordered from both Cackle and McMurray and customer service is excellent in both cases. I had a better experience with McMurry last year, though I think this is not Cackle’s fault and was rather USPS issues coming all the way to Hawaii.
The birds I have purchased from both places have been excellent examples of their breeds.🙂

Cackle and Mcmurry. They have really good reviews. Cackle chicks are cheaper.

Don’t use heartland!! I got 20 chicks from them all died! They wouldn’t give us a refund nor send replacement chicks. They said because we don’t know how u take care of the chicks u have no proff it was our fault.☹️
I got 2 sexed pullet Wyandotte’s from heartland. Both turned out to be cockerels so had to give them away. I know it’s always a risk, but when I am told “guaranteed pullet” twice and get cockerels, I’m out. Looking for a new hatchery now.

I've been very happy with Ideal. Both my in-town flock and this spring's order arrived healthy and grew vigorously. I like the fact that you can order smaller amounts and that you can order individual birds according to what you want. It's also relevant to me that they're in Texas so I can trust their heat-tolerance.

I am not unhappy with Welp -- the chicks are rampantly healthy and growing like feathered weeds -- but you have to want chicks in 25-bird batches and units of 5 per breed.

Back
Top Bottom