Where to purchasing fertilized eggs near Los Angeles

IteachKinder

Chirping
Mar 29, 2019
Hi! I was wondering if anyone has tips on where I could get about 2 dozen fertilized chicken eggs near Los Angeles. Each year in kindergarten we incubate eggs in our classrooms and this year our normal contact had the eggs eaten by rats! We're not sure where else to look. If you have ideas, we're up for a bit of a drive, but would love to know reliable farms where we can get eggs. We've worked with farms in the past that have experimented with new roosters and have had 0 a zero hatch rate - extremely frustrating for a bunch of 5 year olds. We would appreciate all leads.
Thanks so much!

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has tips on where I could get about 2 dozen fertilized chicken eggs near Los Angeles. Each year in kindergarten we incubate eggs in our classrooms and this year our normal contact had the eggs eaten by rats! We're not sure where else to look. If you have ideas, we're up for a bit of a drive, but would love to know reliable farms where we can get eggs. We've worked with farms in the past that have experimented with new roosters and have had 0 a zero hatch rate - extremely frustrating for a bunch of 5 year olds. We would appreciate all leads.
Thanks so much!

Hey there you should try posting to our LA Urban Chicken Keeping meetup group .... It is not as active as it used to be a few years ago but you should be able to find somebody with hatching eggs. https://www.meetup.com/Los-Angeles-Urban-Chicken-Enthusiasts/messages/boards/

You could also try asking at Malibu feed bin they know many chicken owners in Topanga .... and also Craigslist, Farmers market???

Good Luck

Hey there you should try posting to our LA Urban Chicken Keeping meetup group .... It is not as active as it used to be a few years ago but you should be able to find somebody with hatching eggs. https://www.meetup.com/Los-Angeles-Urban-Chicken-Enthusiasts/messages/boards/

You could also try asking at Malibu feed bin they know many chicken owners in Topanga .... and also Craigslist, Farmers market???

Good Luck
Thanks so much! I'll give that a try. Appreciate the help! :)

Back
Top Bottom