Which animal protection agency performs welfare checks?

Is it possible this is just where she is quarantining them? If not, this is of course not appropriate, but worth considering.
I gotta agree with this possibility. Usually quarantine oens are smaller because A) they're Temporary and B), so if you need to get the animal, it's easier than trying to catch them in a big pen

I gotta agree with this possibility. Usually quarantine oens are smaller because A) they're Temporary and B), so if you need to get the animal, it's easier than trying to catch them in a big pen
I wish this were the case but unfortunately this person knows very little about caring for chickens. She lied to me from the very beginning promising the best of the best for them but as soon as I handed over the last 2 chickens she completely flipped on me and her true intentions came out. To her they're just a commodity and it's easier to keep them in that box. Being that I wouldn't just drop it and kept insisting that she send me the video of them roaming around in a more suitable and humane area she told me that stop harassing her or she would press charges. She also said that they would be great to make some good chicken soup out of. She even mentioned them potentially being used for religious rituals. All of this by the way is hilarious to her. I feel like I've failed them by handing them over to such horrible people. It just boggles my mind how some people could be so evil.

I wish this were the case but unfortunately this person knows very little about caring for chickens. She lied to me from the very beginning promising the best of the best for them but as soon as I handed over the last 2 chickens she completely flipped on me and her true intentions came out. To her they're just a commodity and it's easier to keep them in that box. Being that I wouldn't just drop it and kept insisting that she send me the video of them roaming around in a more suitable and humane area she told me that stop harassing her or she would press charges. She also said that they would be great to make some good chicken soup out of. She even mentioned them potentially being used for religious rituals. All of this by the way is hilarious to her. I feel like I've failed them by handing them over to such horrible people. It just boggles my mind how some people could be so evil.
While its likely little comfort, I've generally found that those using animals for religious rituals generally treat them better than even most owners. The whole "point" of sacrifice is that you are giving up something of value to you - if its not valued to you, its not a valuable sacrifice - that's the law of proportionality, and it holds true in virtually all magical traditions. The process of dispatching the creature likewise; most typically its somber, respectful, and swift - again, as good or better than the typical backyard owner who doesn't routinely process their own birds.

I don't personally practice such beliefs, but I have studied many of them, in print, in video, in person, and as an assisting participant.

There are worse ends.

At the end of the day, you entrusted those lives in your care to another's, and you chose poorly. Your legal recourses in the absences of a clear written contract, however, are unlikely to result in your victory, much less your satisfaction. So are hers against you, regarding any opinion you post online regarding your experiences with her.

While its likely little comfort, I've generally found that those using animals for religious rituals generally treat them better than even most owners. The whole "point" of sacrifice is that you are giving up something of value to you - if its not valued to you, its not a valuable sacrifice - that's the law of proportionality, and it holds true in virtually all magical traditions. The process of dispatching the creature likewise; most typically its somber, respectful, and swift - again, as good or better than the typical backyard owner who doesn't routinely process their own birds.

I don't personally practice such beliefs, but I have studied many of them, in print, in video, in person, and as an assisting participant.

There are worse ends.

At the end of the day, you entrusted those lives in your care to another's, and you chose poorly. Your legal recourses in the absences of a clear written contract, however, are unlikely to result in your victory, much less your satisfaction. So are hers against you, regarding any opinion you post online regarding your experiences with her.
Thanks for ur response. One thing for sure is that I can always count on the great advice I receive from the folks on this site. Always constructive, professional, accurate and most importantly given with the best intentions at heart. So, again, ty.

Allow me to make this clear . . . I never said that she would actually go thru with these ridiculous threats she made. I simply made mention of them in order to demonstrate the type of person we're dealing here with. As far as me making a bad choice . . . Well, heck yeah, now in hindsight, it was a terrible choice but I was conned, which can happen to any of us, u included.

Now, getting back to the issue at hand, my focus is in finding a way to rescue these animals. I don't need any signed contracts btw to stop any type of animal neglect or potential abuse. Sometimes ppl forget that there are ordinances set in place that protect all animals to which we need to heed to. 😊

I don't need any signed contracts btw to stop any type of animal neglect or potential abuse. Sometimes ppl forget that there are ordinances set in place that protect all animals to which we need to heed to.
Yes, there are laws to prevent abuse or neglect of animals.

But if someone checks on those chickens, they may find:
--the birds are protected from bad weather
--the pen is clean enough
--food is available
--water is available
--the chickens have "enough" space (more than battery hens get.)
--the chickens are not injured or being actively harmed (no abuse)

Based on the pictures you posted, I do not think those birds are being "neglected" or "abused" in any way that the law would prevent.

So it comes back to what conditions she SAID she would provide, and whether she is actually providing those conditions. If you had a contract stating that she must provide certain conditions, you might be able to get the chickens back because she violated the contract. But with no contract, and probably no "neglect" (according to legal definitions in most states), I don't think there is anything you or any agency can do.

(I'm not trying to say whether those chickens are in good conditions. I am saying the conditions are probably not bad enough to violate any laws.)

Yes, there are laws to prevent abuse or neglect of animals.

But if someone checks on those chickens, they may find:
--the birds are protected from bad weather
--the pen is clean enough
--food is available
--water is available
--the chickens have "enough" space (more than battery hens get.)
--the chickens are not injured or being actively harmed (no abuse)

Based on the pictures you posted, I do not think those birds are being "neglected" or "abused" in any way that the law would prevent.

So it comes back to what conditions she SAID she would provide, and whether she is actually providing those conditions. If you had a contract stating that she must provide certain conditions, you might be able to get the chickens back because she violated the contract. But with no contract, and probably no "neglect" (according to legal definitions in most states), I don't think there is anything you or any agency can do.

(I'm not trying to say whether those chickens are in good conditions. I am saying the conditions are probably not bad enough to violate any laws.)
I understand ur point and let me tell u that after having made a few phone calls and dealt with authorities to some extent I've come to the sad realization that anything that has to do with upholding animal rights and their well-being is not something which is considered as a "real" or important crime and will usually be dismissed. Unless, the individual looking for justice for these animals is willing to go the whole 9-yards including civil court odds are nothing will get accomplished. Well, guess what . . . I'm willing to do what it takes. There's no way I could leave them in this predicament.

You mentioned that she sees them as a commodity...have you offered to buy them back from her?
No, I haven't and nor I wouldn't. She has offered to return them to me which I do plan on doing. So u might say, problem solved, right? Well, no because now see it as my duty and responsibility to rescue not just my own birds but also rescue the other animals who are suffering at her hands. It's just the right thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom