1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Which bantam roo to keep with my standard Black Star pullets...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Aneesa's Muse, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I knew this was going to happen sooner or later, but didn't want to deal...

...now, I have to.

I have a Silkie roo, a Sizzle roo, and a bantam Salmon Faverolle roo ...and 3 standard Black Star pullets. I really, really only need to keep ONE of the boys, but I love them all!

Silkie and Sizzle are diaper clad boys that will walk on leash with H harnesses ..and mostly house boys. Ben, the Fave, is the most endearing and cuddly boy I've ever met (and I've met a few roos) and he has been around hens before ...a very good boy around hens, actually.

If you had to choose, which would you choose and why?

I am leaning towards Ben, but it will break my heart to part with Obe and Tahti [​IMG]

Is there a slim, slim chance that they could all get along ...and my pullets wouldn't be terribly harassed ..and no roos would perish? (I know, I know ...it's an individual thing ...but I am just torn up about this!)

Thanks!
    ~Aminah

2. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    no ideas... ? [​IMG]

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Really it is up to you. Pick the one you favor the best and get's along with the girls the best.

4. HenMamma

HenMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    Emmet TWP, MI
    This is totally off your topic, but DH doesn't believe that chickens can wear diapers and leashes. Is there any way that you could post a pic?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by